Last Updated February 4, 2021
We do not require registration in order to browse the Website. You may choose to give us your contact information during registration or at other times. We then may use that information to contact you about the products and services on our site. Registration is required to use certain interactive features such as placing orders. Members of County Line’s marketing lists will occasionally receive information on our products, services, special sales, and our newsletter. You may opt out from receiving these types of information, and you may unsubscribe at any time by changing the settings in your account profile on the Website or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in an email from us.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION: YOU
We collect personal information when you register with us and when you use our Services, or, in some circumstances, when you visit one of our physical store locations or mobile floral vehicles.
Information you provide to us directly: We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect personal identifiers such as your name and email address from you when you register for a County Line account, so that you can create a log in to access your account. When you place an order, we collect your phone number, email address, billing and shipping address and credit card information, so that we can fulfill your order and deliver your order. We may also collect information you provide as part of selecting your preferences, including within your account settings, and commercial information, such as the County Line products you have purchased or offered for sale. We also collect any information you voluntarily provide to us, which may include your date of birth and protected characteristics such as your age and gender to customize products.
SOURCE OF INFORMATION: THIRD PARTIES
Social Networks and Third Party Platforms: By accessing County Line via a third party platform (“Third Party Platform”), you authorize County Line to receive certain of your personal information that is available on or through your Third Party Platform account, including, without limitation, your profile information, name, email address, gender, birthday, current city, friends or follower names, your photos, profile picture, privacy settings and certain other information and identifiers that will be disclosed to you during the login process. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the Third Party Platform.
Service Providers and Business Partners: We also collect information from partners such as service providers (including data licensors, analytics providers, and payment processors), public databases, our marketing partners, and advertisers. This may include information about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed). We use this to better understand your preferences and interests, and to customize content and advertisements for you.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
USE OF INFORMATION
OUR BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process personal information to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. We use personal information for the following purposes:
Providing, Customizing, and Improving the Services:
- Creating and managing your account or other user profiles
- Providing you with the products, services and information you request
- Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us
- Providing support and assistance for the Services
- Improving the Services, including testing, research, internal analytics, and product development
- Understanding how users interact with the Website and Services
- Personalizing website content and communications based on your preferences
- Fraud protection, security and debuggings
Marketing the Services:
- Providing a better website experience and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Marketing and selling the Services
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising
Corresponding With You:
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested
- Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences
- Notifying you about certain products or services we think you may be interested in learning more about
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, County Line or another party
- Enforcing any agreements with you
- Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights
- Resolving disputes
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
County Line will not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, or unless we have your permission as agreed in this Policy or otherwise, or as set forth in the California Privacy Rights section below. In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
- Payment Processors
- Our payment processing partners collect your voluntarily provided payment card information necessary to process your payment
- If you sell products on County Line, our commission and reimbursement payment processors process your commission and reimbursement payments
- Security and Fraud Prevention Consultants
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Hosting, Technology and Communications Providers; Fulfillment Providers; Manufacturing Partners; Product Rendering Software Providers; Data Storage Providers; User Testing Service Providers; Analytics Providers; Staff Augmentation Personnel;
- To perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, web service analytics) and/or to make certain services, features or functionality available to our users
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- For printing and online proof rendering services
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider
- Undertaking internal research and user testing for technological development and demonstration of our Services
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services
- Ad Networks and Affiliate Marketing
- Ad customizing and serving
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- Marketing Cooperatives and Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Services
- Customization of products
- Marketing products and services that are personalized to you
Parties You Authorize, Access or Authenticate:
- Other Individuals Directed by You
- We will share your personal information with other individuals as directed by you, for example if you use County Line to send products to another individual
- Social Media Services
- We will share your personal information if you intentionally interact with any social media service through the Services
- Third-Party Business Partners You Access Through the Services
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us
Other Sharing of Personal Information
You may specify an email address for the recipient if you wish for us to send them an email notification 'gift message.'
We may share personal information in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may share personal information when we believe it necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Opting out of sharing your information for marketing purposes will not prevent your relevant information from being provided to shippers when you order products for delivery or from other sharing for non-marketing purposes. Similarly, this will not prevent us from sharing information as and to the extent it is combined or aggregated (in a non-personally identified manner) or otherwise analyzed by us or our service providers.
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share personal information with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
ACCESS AND DELETION
You may edit your County Line account information at any time. You can opt in or out from future communications of special offers and new product information, or you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org We may send you certain communications relating to our service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your account membership. We do not permit you to opt-out of receiving those messages.
You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at email@example.com. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account, for example information relating to orders placed with us.
If you are a resident of California, certain additional rights may be available to you. Please visit the California Privacy Rights section below to learn more about your rights and how to exercise them.
A note about email marketing
By creating an account, purchasing our products or saving a design on the Website, you may be opted into receiving email messages. These messages could include changes to features of our service and additional email messages about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these types of promotional communications from us, you may (i) select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email, (ii) update your email preferences in account settings, (iii) contact customer service at any time, (iv) email firstname.lastname@example.org. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding special offers, improvements, or other updates from County Line.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Disclosures of Your Personal Information
We collect the following categories of personal information, as defined in the CCPA, from or about you (including in some circumstances when you shop at a County Line retail store) and may have disclosed this information for a business purpose:
- Personal Identifiers: such as your name, IP address, email, postal address and other similar identifiers;
- Customer Records: Personal information such as payment information (including credit card and other financial information provided by you), and, if you participate on County Line as an artist, education information and signature;
- Commercial Information: such as your purchase history, your product and sales history;
- Internet and other electronic network activity information: such as your browsing activity on County Line;
- Geolocation data: in the form of non-precise geolocation implied by your IP address;
- Inferences: such as those based on the information we collect from or about you, so that we can better understand your preferences and behavior, including to customize content and display advertising to you;
- Age or Date of Birth: only if you provide these to us voluntarily through your use of the Services.
To learn more about the categories of personal information we collect from or about you, and the categories of sources from which we collect this information, please see the Information Collected and the Use of Information sections, and to learn more about the business or commercial purposes for collecting this information, see “Our Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting Personal Information.” For a description of the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information for a business purpose, see “Information and Disclosure.”
Exercising Your Rights
Access: You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. In response, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that personal information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your personal information to any third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of personal information shared with each category of third party recipient.
If we have sold your personal information over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of personal information sold to each category of third party recipient.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected about you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your personal information to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights: To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use personal information provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
- Email us at: email@example.com
You may also authorize an agent (an “Authorized Agent”) to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In: While we do not share your personal information in exchange for money, we may disclose certain information about you if you are a County Line customer for purposes that may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. For the purposes of the CCPA, over the last 12 months, we have sold the following categories of your personal information to third parties:
- Personal identifiers.
- Customer records identified by state law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity information.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Our use of analytics platforms may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. As a result, we may sell your personal information to analytics platforms.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. You can opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your personal information for at least 12 months.
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may offer different tiers of our Services as allowed by applicable data privacy laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of personal information that we receive from you.
Other California Resident Rights: Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by County Line pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for a response.
DO NOT TRACK NOTICE
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a preference available in many web browsers which allows you to inform websites you visit that you do not want them collecting information about you. County Line does not currently respond to DNT signals, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our Services. For further details regarding DNT, visit donottrack.us.
When our registration or order forms ask you to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted for transmission. When you provide information via these forms, we use SSL encryption and this should be indicated by a ‘lock’ or similar icon in web browsers such Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
County Line has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Website may contain links to or features from other websites. Our Policy only applies to the Website and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. You should check the privacy policies of those sites before providing your personal information to them.
As this Policy is part of our Terms of Service, any disputes involving you and us that relate to privacy or the use of your information, and that arise out of or are related to this Policy or our services, will be subject to our Terms & Conditions, including any provisions regarding the limitation of damages and liability, choice of law, and dispute resolution. Any dispute resolutions proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class or representative action or as a named or unnamed member in a class, consolidated, representative or private attorney general legal action. Your access and use of the Website signifies your explicit consent to this waiver.
We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time without prior notice. For this reason, we encourage you to review this Policy whenever you purchase products from us or use the Website so that you may be informed of any updates. Amendments to this Policy are effective immediately when posted on this Website. Your continued use of the Website after posting of amendments will be deemed your acceptance of the changes to this Policy.
You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE USA
Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You agree that except to the extent laws of another jurisdiction are directly applicable to County Line, the laws of the United States and the State of California will govern the processing of your personal information, including any obligations of security and third party sharing.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR. County Line will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
If there are any conflicts between this section and any other provision of this Policy, the policy or portion that is more protective of Personal Data shall control to the extent of such conflict. If you have any questions about this section or whether any of the following applies to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Personal Data We Collect From You
For information on what Personal Data we collect from you, please see the Information Collected section above. For information on how we use that Personal Data, see the Use of Information section above.
LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to provide you with the Services, for example to create your account, complete your order, ship your product, and provide customer support. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- User account data (your email, username and password)
- Sign-up contact information (your name and email)
- Transaction data (details of your order, phone number, billing and shipping addresses)
- Credit card information (to process your order)
- Customer support data (so that we can provide you with support)
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- User account data
- Your contact information email address for marketing purposes
- Analytics and usage data
- Our legitimate interests include:
- Marketing of our products and services
- Order processing
- Account creation
- Provision of customer support
- Sales commission reporting and payment
- Web analytics
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
HOW AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR DATA
Please see the “Information Sharing and Disclosure” section above.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES WE USE
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. Please see the Security section above.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about County Line’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
The Website and Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through County Line and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to County Line in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize County Line to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks.